Web analytics has been around for decades. But in a world of ever-increasing data and data silos, traditional analytics approaches are no longer enough. Fortunately, leading organizations are gaining a more complete view of their customers.
Get our whitepaper to learn:
- The customer data maturity curve and how to invest in a unified customer view
- The challenges around a build-your-own customer data platform (CDP)
- What a modern customer data architecture should look like and how to enable it
Table of Contents:
1. Cloud Economics Have Changed Tracking Customer Data
2. The Customer Data Maturity Curve
3. Core Data Investment = Competitive Advantage
4. Power Business Decisions with Customer Truth
5. Build-Your-Own Customer Data Platform
7. The Modern Customer Data Architecture
8. How Customer Data as a Service (CDaaS) Works
Thousands of companies choose Heap for automatic, retroactive insights.
Companies like Payless, Microsoft, and Instapage use sources to optimize their customer’s experience.
Heap allows us to stop relying on multiple vendors for marketing attribution. We finally have a complete, centralized view of which campaigns were associated with outcomes. We can get granular on who is doing what, when, and how.Arvind Ramesh, Data Scientist